6/1/10

Yesterday morning...

Okay, yesterday started out just fantastic for me. You guys know that Rob and I are trying to spend more time together, focused on one another. And, we achieved what was for me the pinnacle yesterday morning. I took some fingerwork and he took the laptop and we went out to the greenhouse and watched the sun come up. I sewed, he played music for me and web searched. And, we were just together. Us and the sun and the birds starting to sing. Nothing to distract us from chatting about nothing in particular. It was truly intimate time.

After that, it was gardening and lawn mowing and forcing the kid to do our bidding, which we always enjoy to the fullest.

Then the movie. Now this may have been a great movie. Rob and Sydney certainly enjoyed it. Somehow, I managed to sleep through all but the loudest explosive scenes. I think it was because we'd had such a large meal of grilled steak, grilled zucchini and baked potatoes. And, I didn't have that huge $6 bucket of popcorn to munch on for 2 hours and keep me awake. So, next time we go to the movies, I'm going to skip the lunch and munch the corn and enjoy what I paid so much to see. I can sleep through a movie on my own sofa at home for practically free.

And, the pie was a disappointment. The apples were not tart enough and the whole experience left me flat. It smelled so good and cinnamon-ey while baking. And, when I cut it, it looked perfect, with sliced apples and the soft sugary goo that fills in the empty spaces. But, then I took a bite and all I could taste was the crust. RATS! Homemade pie is too much trouble if you don't get the reward of melt in your mouth yumminess.

And, today, it was back to school for the kid. Two days left for her and then summer camp. She's excited to be out, which I don't understand because they aren't doing anything but playing these two days anyway. And, I'm stuck at the office, where we are not playing. RATS! again.

Take care and have a great Tuesday. Lane

3 comments:

Auntie Em said...

If the movie you went to see was "Iron Man 2", then I have to tell you... I slept through parts of it too! Don't know why, just tired I guess.

Vesuviusmama said...

We're not supposed to be playing here at my job, but I sure am having problems motivating myself to do anything resembling work. I'm working on a reward system - complete a work task, catch up on a blog, complete a work task, catch up on a blog...

lw said...

I can sympathize with the food coma. We had grilled tri tip and shrimp, sweet corn, fresh strawberries...I'm not sure the second coming would have kept me awake.

What kind of apples did you use? I want to make sure I don't buy those.