Okay, this picture is just to show how resourceful I am. I needed a way to mark my blocks and was too lazy to go grab sticky dots, so I used pins and pinned them in in the roman numerals. Here you can see rows 7, 8 and 9. I started by using one pin for 1 and two pins for 2 and by the time I got to 4, I was ready for a new method...something I would think was more interesting. This is what I came up with and it has worked. Because the pins go through the fabric so many times, they are pretty much guaranteed not to come out.
And, this is the top, all joined together. I'll add a simple dark red border fabric and maybe I'll actually get it pin basted this weekend. I surely would love to get some quilting started on it. But, it's going to be a very busy weekend. We have a presentation on Venezuela for Spanish class, the Austin Area Quilt Guild show, and an older lady friend of Rob's is having her moving sale so she can move from her house to a small apartment. So, getting this started is kind of a low priority in the grand scheme. But, I can still hope.
Take care and have a great Thursday. Lane