12/7/12

Coincidence and mystery.

One

I went to Hobby Lobby on the way home from work.  It wasn’t coincidence that I wanted something that was displayed with a sign that said 50% off, but when I got to the register, what I wanted wasn’t on sale.  That’s not coincidence because it happens in there all the time.  As I was leaving, a lady was approaching and she was fishing in her wallet for change for the Salvation Army…been there…and she spilled out a considerable amount of change on the pavement, in the driving lane of the parking lot, right outside the door.  She bent to pick it up and I bent to help and another lady bent to help and we were feverishly picking up coins in front of oncoming traffic.  When we were done, I extended my handful of coins out to her and she said thanks and the other lady that stopped to help extended her hand with her coins and the two ladies looked at one another for the first time;

and they knew one another.  It was really weird that they were head to head for almost a minute and never looked at one another.  Much lauging was done by all.  Even the bell ringer.

Two

Just as I stuck my key in the door to let myself in the house, all the Christmas lights came on outside.  Okay, so that’s not really coincidence because they’re on a timer and what are the real chances of sticking your key in the door at the exact same second that the timer clicks.  As John Gray says; Answers on a postcard.  But, it was startling and it took me just a second to realize that I wasn’t actually magic…magical…elfin.

Mystery Meal

Okay, so I forgot to thaw anything for dinner tonight.  But, I had this in the freezer.  Soon as it thaws out a bit, I’ll know what to cook to go with it. 

100_4675

Is it spaghetti?  Is it chili?  Is it meatballs?  Does it really matter?  It’s all about how fast I can get it on the table and the dishes done so I can get back to what I wanna do.  They’re lucky it’s not leftovers again…except maybe it is leftovers.  Who knows?

Lane

9 comments:

Linda said...

Mystery meals are always fun! (For a laugh, at least!)

Becky said...

You had a very interesting day....I enjoyed hearing about it!

Have a fun weekend!

lw said...

So, what was it?

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Gotta love the unmarked mysteries in the freezer. Once we had everything out for taco's, got the meat defrosting, and it was heavy meat filled spaghetti sauce. Needless to say, we didn't have tacos for dinner as planned.

qltmom9 said...

I thawed chicken broth the other day and it was fruity. I think the children must have frozen leftover smoothie! LOL!
Lucy

Andi's English Attic said...

I once sat next to a friend on the tube train for about 20 mins and neither of us realised until she got up at her stop. We both must have been reading really good books. xx

Rita said...

I picked up some charms the other day at Michaels. The sign clearly said 40% off (and I carefully made sure that what they listed was what I picked up) but the girl at the register said it wasn't on sale.

I politely and firmly told her she should remove the sign then. (Isn't it illegal to charge more than the sign says whether it's the store's mistake or not?) Grrrrr!!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

LOL! Loved your recap of this day! What WAS the mystery meal? Whatever is-- ot would go with salad and garlic bread. Or corn bread. Depending on the nationality!

Unknown said...

I think I would have freaked out a little when the lights went on as I stuck my key in the door. I look forward to finding out what the mystery meal is!