2/28/15

Holy Moly, what comes next?

Okay, maybe I should have ended that with an exclamation mark…

100_7940

I got the individual sections for the next border made this morning, and got it all assembled.  Right now, it’s been dampened, stretched to what should have been it’s finished size, and it’s drying to that size. 

And, I’m about to sit down with colored pencils and paper and try to figure out what comes next. 

Rob asked me to figure out the pieces.  793.  The size is 20.5 inches, to finish at 20”

Here it is with a dime.  A dime is 5/8” in diameter, which is larger than those half triangle squares.

100_7941

100_7939

Whoo-ee!

We’re getting our snow day today.  All Sydney’s activities have been cancelled for the day.  I have waited until the last day to enter quilts in a show and now will need to email the show coordinator scans of my pics and entry forms to get in.  Thank goodness she offered to do that for me.

Maybe she felt sorry for me because I had waited until the last minute.  Maybe I played a little bit of the man card in the women’s world of quilting.

Whatever works.

Okay, everybody.  Now that all I can do is sew…yes, I heard you snicker at how conveniently that worked out…I’m ready to plan the next round.

See ya!

Lane

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow. Just wow. That is amazing and so, so beautiful.

Sorry you're getting snow. We're not. It's been very weird weather here. I already have daffodils blooming. I find it ... interesting when I hear of things being cancelled in other places because of snow. Things are never cancelled here because of snow. And they're not put on a delay, either. Enjoy your snow day, though. I hope you get lots more great sewing done!

xo -E

Auntie Em said...

Very, very nice job! I love the design you are creating, and the mini size is amazing.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE NOT A LAST MINUTERRRR. wHAT HAPPENED. LOVE THE ONE YOU ARE WOKING ON NOW.
HELP Sydney MAKE A SNOW-MAN. WE HAD 3 DAYS OF IT. BOTH YOUR SISTERS AND ABBIE LOVED IT. DAD NOR I GOT OUTSIDE. LUM

Lakegaldonna said...

Wow, those colors and the pattern, so rich looking even on my iPad. I'll bet it's even more impressive in person.

Thank heavens for snow days. You had said that you would be too busy and wouldn't get much sewing time. That would lead to a grumpy growley Lane. So we benefit from your snow day!

lw said...

I love how the little black edge makes it look like the main portion is floating. This is so cool!

It's snowing here.

Unknown said...

That is just amazing. It looks spectacular. Love your work.

Could do with a little bit of cold weather here. We have had weeks in the high 30 C (round the 100 F) and many days in low 40C, HOT... HOT... HOT. yet it has not been as bad as some summers. Looking forward to cooler weather and a bit of rain.

I love how everything is so even, and that tiny little black line really makes it pop. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Elizabeth in Southern Australia