Well, that fever that Sydney had just won't go down. I've thrown everything in my sizable home remedies arsenal at it and nothing seems to work. So, we went to the doctor this morning. She did a quick strep throat swab and it came back negative, but she said there's a chance that a more in depth test might still come back positive. If not that, she suspects mono (now, who has my 11 year old been kissing???). Anyway, they drew blood for a test for that. It was Sydney's first time to have blood drawn and I told the nurse that and she explained everything that was going to happen and Sydney was real good. She'd never had blood drawn and she is terrified of needles and weeps at the thought of a shot, but she trusted the nurse and I when we said it wouldn't be but a pinch and when it was over, she admitted we were right.
Since I've been at home with her so much, I've kept piecing arcs on the orange peel and all my recorded TV is caught up. If it's mono, Sydney's going to feel bad for about a month, but if I know her, it won't slow her down much. She'll be out of summer camp about a week, but we're half way through that, so hopefully she can get back to her scheduled activities soon. I know she enjoys them.
Mom didn't even call us last night, so I have no idea what's going to happen with that. Don't know if she still plans to see me while she's here or not. Don't know whether she'll be willing to come here with a sick kid or not. But, it does mean she can't spend the night if she decides to. Not gonna put Sydney out of her bed for the night and not going to let my Mom sleep on the couch, and I'm absolutely certain Rob isn't going to give up our bed after the way my Mom has managed this trip, leaving us on edge, just waiting for her to decide what she's going to do.
Speaking of Rob, I just heard him walk in the door, so now I can leave for the office. Gotta go. Y'all have a great day and we'll talk to you soon. Lane