2/25/14

Spring springs again

Well, I waited til the worst day in a week to take these.  It’s gray and threatening rain.  But, I’m not complaining because we need the rain.  I’ve been trying not to water and to hold out until it rains.  And, I’ve done pretty good.  I’ve watered things in pots and things I’ve moved, but stayed away from the established plants. 

But, there are a few things in bloom.

The Astilbulon (sp?)

100_6506

Vibrant pink Bougainvillea that’s been in the shed all winter.

100_6508

The last of the Forsythia blooms as the leaves come on.  We have to keep this in a large pot.  It is highly invasive.

100_6509

Witch hazel in bloom.

100_6510

And, the first of the orange blossoms ready to pop open.

100_6512

I’m ready.  My garden is in great shape for February.  And, there has been something in bloom for the full 12 months of the calendar year.  I got an unexpected bloom out of the Rosemary in January that completed the calendar.  Now, we’ll assess anything that we lost due to the extra cold weather.  But, I don’t think that’s very much.

Take care and have a great Tuesday.  Lane.

5 comments:

Hazel said...

With all this snow this was exactly what I needed ,a touch of spring .

Piece by Piece said...

Thanks for sharing, it nice to know that someone has had Spring arrive. Such pretty flowers, enjoy.

Patricia

lw said...

I took a photography class and we were told that it's easier to get good photos of plants and flowers when it's overcast, and the colors in your photos support this.

Elizabeth said...

The snow is completely melted here (which is surprising since winter started so early and was so cold; I expected it to last much longer. We could still get some snow, though, even through April) and my spring bulbs are just starting to peek out from among the dead plants I didn't cut back last fall. The weather has been nice enough that I could get out there and clean things out. It is just a matter of prioritizing the zillion other things I have going on. But, I am finally caught up on your blog. And I love that first bloom in your garden. I'd ask you to send a cutting, but I'm pretty sure is wouldn't survive the winters here.

xo -E

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that you have some spring. We are dealing with a really bad winter! Tomorrow will be the coldest day of the season! Love the colors of the quilt my friend!