8/9/13

Hello www. It’s nice to see you

Yes, we have internet again.  And, a hundred pieces of software have spent the morning showering in automatic updates.

The crowd roars Yay!

It’s the little things that you miss the most.  Wasn’t long ago that we didn’t have internet.  We sat in our rockers and listened to the radio or the gramophone.  Or read a book.  Or, in my case, sewed my brains out.  Under a single naked bulb.

Okay, so maybe losing internet didn’t take us that far back. 

I was going to show pictures of the sewing room today.  But, when I took them, what looks clean in person looks really cluttered and still a mess…which speaks volumes about how much of a mess it must have been before.  But, this multi-phased project will enter phase 4 this weekend.  I’ve only planned through a stage 5. 

Everybody have a great Friday.  I’m officially working from home, so can’t spend time here, but wanted you to know that we had been rejoined with the force.

May the force be with you.

Lane

4 comments:

Becky said...

Lane, I love your updates. You make my day!!

Have a great weekend!
Love you, Becky

lw said...

It's always good to go without internet for a while, to reset how much you really want to be on it and what your other options are.

I understand the relative clutter values. 75% better can still be 25% cluttered.

Elizabeth said...

So glad you're back! I can't wait to see what you've been sewing!

xo -E

Rebecca Grace said...

That's why it's so important to take the "before" pictures, so that you can remember how bad it really was and see how far you've come!

Also, if you were REALLY technology-deprived, you'd have been sewing on a treadle machine by the light of one flickering candlestick, in a home without air conditioning... And when you were done sewing, you'd have to sweep the dirt floor of your kitchen and go feed the pigs. You know, like Little House On the Prairie. They did not have Internet back then, either...