9/13/12

Completed and pressed

I laid out the Dresden Plate quilt this morning.  May be named, All By Hand.  Or, maybe something better will occur to me in the months it will take me to hand quilt it. 
100_4285
After it was refolded and I was hanging it on the hanger, I thought…I shouldda measured that so I could start the back.  Duh!
I have a few wedges left over and I think I’ll use them on the back, maybe around the label or something.  And, there are a few that are just too stained or rotted to use.  I’m trying to come up with ways to cut the good parts out of the fabric on those and piece them into one additional wedge.  Now, that should be plenty of warm finger work for this winter.  Plan is to quilt around the circles and around each wedge and then ditch around the squares and cross hatch in the squares.  Maybe a little something with leaves or vines for the sashing.  Or, maybe leave it blank. 
And, here are the fabrics for that baby quilt. 
100_4286
In a pattern similar to this
100_4287
But, using the green in the background where the Pond Mountain quilt is off-white.  And, not nearly so densely quilted.

Okay, that’s enough prattling on for the day. 

I’m really worried about what’s going on in the Middle East right now.  And, all I can do is watch and pray that all ends well.

Be well.  Lane

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lane, that green, white & black quilt will be adorable. There's nothing wrong with black in a baby quilt. Black's just a color -- a neutral even. Go for it!

I absolutely LOVE your Dresden quilt! You did a beautiful job renovating those old blocks. The yellow you put behind them and the darker yellow in the sashing is so perfect. That is a beautiful, beautiful heirloom quilt.

xo -E

Auntie Em said...

What a wonderful new life you have given those dresden blocks. It came out beautifully.

I love how your furry quilt inspectors are giving it the final approval.

Kath said...

what a lovely job you made of this Lane! well done.

Kathleen said...

Dresden is fabulous!

Impera Magna said...

...I'm worried about the stuff in the Mid East too! Using sewing therapy to keep my spirits up... and your lovely Dresden helps too!

Mary said...

I like how you did the half and quarter plates in the border. Really sets it off, I don't think I've seen that before