9/10/12

I wonder

how many of Austin’s sewing rooms and quilting studios looked like this yesterday? 

100_4270

Somehow, I don’t think I was the only one.

I did my best to stay ahead of the game, but yesterday, I still had labels to make and pool noodles to cover, and bags to make, all before I could turn my quilts in tomorrow.  I have a half of a label to sew down and I will be ready to pack them up.  I guess I’ve made it.

I guess I really never doubted it, except a few minutes yesterday when I realized I was re-making stuff that I decided wasn’t good enough.

Saturday I did repairs in Sydney’s shower, and then we had errands and then Sydney had her first basketball game for the weekend league she’s in, and then we took her out for Thai…because they lost the game so badly and nobody would pass Sydney the ball…because she’s a wild shooter who doesn’t take time to aim.  But, I didn’t say that.

Overall, it was a pretty good day, except about 3 minutes of very unsportsmanlike conduct.

Then, there was Sunday, and I barely came out of the sewing room.  Oh, I did about an hour of cooking and cleaning around supper time and we did the grocery shopping.  But, other than that, it was pretty quiet, except for the hum of sewing machines and the hiss of the iron hitting the misted water.

Be well.  I’ll share the quilts, all packaged up, tomorrow.  Lane

6 comments:

Nan said...

You're so brave to show your sewing room! lol I'm eager to see pics of your quilts hanging at the show. :)

Auntie Em said...

"pool noodles to cover"??

You must enlighten me. :-)

Anonymous said...

My sewing room looks worse than yours and I'm not getting ready for a quilt show! Can't wait to see the pictures of your quilts.
Barb

Tennye said...

I still don't have the courage to enter my quilts in the shows. I wish you well. I will be there some time during the weekend.

Unknown said...

I find it so hard to keep my sewing room organized. It makes me crazy when it is a mess, but I don't want to take the time to organize it! Good luck in the shows, I know you will do well.

Carla said...

My sewing room looks like that 99% of the time and I don't produce that much. I am about to finish a darn quilt that I have fiddled with for 4 months between changing it up, then thread issues, ripping out almost all the quilting on one border to start over and not even taking into consideration my lack of confidence in my quilting abilities. I hope to finish in the next 48 hours, give away and then share on my blog. Imperfect person quilting an imperfect quilt. It is what it is. ;o/