The weekend of the quilt show, I had a really big week. Other than being sick. So, I wanted the first thing I finished to be something for someone else. And, that brought a Linus quilt top out of the closet.
This was the only one finished…which is a surprise. I thought I had more tops assembled than this for donation.
Anyway, this one quilted up in about four hours. After months of working on the silk quilt, you can imagine how happy I was to finish something that quick. This is one of the quilts I’m going to get out of Bonnie Hunter’s Easy Street mystery. There will be three. I really didn’t have many fabrics in the colors she suggested, and I didn’t think to substitute colors more prominent in my stash.
The back is actually a much better color match to the front than it looks. The fabric was donated by a friend and works perfect as a teen girl quilt.
I’ve also been working on that satin stitched applique project.
It’s amazing what a small addition can do to change a quilt.
Those little lavender circles will go back in as the flower centers (at least I think they will). They’re yo-yos and the ruffled side gives the quilt a nice added dimension. And, then it will just need sashing and quilting to be a finished project. Another UFO out of the closet and maybe good enough to go on the wall. I’m hoping to emphasize the green/red/gold combination with a nice Christmas themed print.
Everybody have a great Monday. Lane