5/21/15

April star

Good morning everyone.  It's Wednesday, and as has become very common here, it's raining. 

I have to keep moving, or I'll mildew. 

It's considered rude in a drought to complain about the rain. 

But, honestly, every day for weeks might be a little too much making up for a lack of it in the last 6 years. 

The garden is loving it.  There is abundant growth, but the rain plays havoc with flowers. 

And, because it's always wet, I don't have to feel guilty about not working in the yard.  Hopefully, there will be a short break between the rain and the summer heat that I can get a little weeding done at least.

Another benefit is that I get to stay inside and that means sewing. 

It must mean sewing because it sure doesn't mean housework.

I made the April star block last weekend.  This is from fabrics I picked up on my trip to Indiana last month.  Actually, these came from Louisville, KY, on the way to Indiana.  Again, just fabrics that took my fancy that day.  Not reflective of anything except my mood after a long flight.  But, it's another nice block for a sorta sampler quilt. 

 
 
I really am liking this idea and won't be surprised if I try this every year, but maybe with a less complex block.  Just making a repeated block out of fabrics I pick up at special events during the year.

And, no, I haven't quite worked out photo editing on the surface, but I'll get there.  Speaking of the surface, we had trouble.  I've had to have an exchange.  The first thing I plugged into the USB port wouldn't come out.  Like, it was stuck solid.  So, Microsoft mailed me a new one and I've just finished wiping the one I'm sending back... with my USB plug in it.  And, they've already let me know they won't be returning it.  But, that's okay.  What I'm losing is much less valuable than what I got back.  And, yes, I have plugged everything into the replacement, not to use it, but to make sure it will unplug.

Everybody have a great Thursday.  Rob unexpectedly has tomorrow off, so I might take it off, too.  He suggested we might go to a movie.  That would be nice.  Just the two of us.  Without bringing along out little bit of teenage attitude.

Parents need that.  As the kids get older, parents need that more and more, so if you're not doing it, you should.  Find a sitter.  Lock 'em in their room.  Whatever it takes, but get some parent time.  It makes family time more palatable.

Lane

4 comments:

lw said...

Very smart to have dates with Rob. As Richard Adams once said, it's lovers who can afford to be generous; generous folks make the best parents.

I love the sampler block and the idea of doing one per trip. Especially if you don't try to match the colors.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading about the flash floods and terrible rainy weather in your part of the world. I hope you and your family are safe and well.

Lakegaldonna said...

Hoping you and yours are safe. I hear of all the massive flooding going on in your state. It's so very scary.

Be well,

D

Carla said...

Pretty! Thank Goodness the rain is over or was. I saw on the weather report it may start again. Wonderful.
You are a smart man. Couple time is important and it's definitely easier as the kids get older.
Hope you saw a good movie!