5/15/15

K-razy week

This has been the busiest week.  Yesterday, I started working at 5:30 am, stopped to shower and feed Syd, stopped to take Nirti to the vet and eat a quick lunch, and worked until 5:30 pm. 

I don't need to do that often.  While it was exhausting, it made me feel important.  I met the crazy unreasonable deadline that I agreed to before I knew what this week was actually going to be like.  And, I got ahead on a project I was kind of a butt about earlier in the week... hopefully my stellar work will outshine my buttholeness. 

Honestly, y'all.  I do great work.  But, I work with this one group that never actually knows what they want me to accomplish... or at least they don't tell.  Do you know how hard it is to give the right answer when you don't know what that answer is?  Unfortunately, I recently gave what my boss thought was a very right answer, but the team thought was waaaaaayyyyy wrong because it didn't support their hypothesis.

Oh, well.  As long as the boss liked it, I'm fine.  I have a very tough hide. 

And, I got even this week by pretending to be obtuse. 

"I just don't get it.  What do you want me to do?  I don't understand?  What does this data mean?  Where am I supposed to look?  And, what do you want me to do?"

Hehe.

So, here are some pics of my more whimsical side.  I set up the gnome garden this weekend.  What started as one broken pot last year has grown into a multilevel complex that occupies all the corners of our front porch. 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 


So, those are my gnomes.  I started with just a few, and then Joann's got more in this size, and the village grew... and my enjoyment of succulents grew.  And, now, we have gnomes living in a succulent garden.  Because, really, a regular garden that took all that watering would be hard to live in... right?

You can't call me crazy till you've lived my average Tuesday.

Lane
 

1 comment:

Kath said...

Oh Lane, you sound very much like my husband in the workplace. Good job I know how to handle him when he is being a "butt"!
Loving those tiny gnomes, I always thought gnomes were an English thing. There is actually a gnome sanctuary in Devon, where visitors are loaned gnome hats and fishing rods to wear! now that is crazy :-D