2/15/10

48 and counting...

It's my birthday, but please don't wish me happy birthday. Don't know why. When I was a kid and anyone sang happy birthday to me, I would cover my face and cry. I grew up and still feel the same way. Not because it means I'm older. No, believe it or not, it's hard work to live to be 48, so I'm not ashamed of my age at all.

No, it's the occassion of my birthday that I don't like. It's just another day I wish I could ignore.

Of course, this year is better than when I turned 30 and threw myself a party and no one came except my two best friends.

And, it's not quite as good as my 40th birthday when Rob threw me the sweetest surprise party and then we drove half way home to meet my parents for the day.

So, it's an in between day.

I was up all night with a sick dog. But, he's better today. Rob slept without his new teeth for the first time last night and was able to get them back in this morning. He gave me a Norman Rockwell plate of a man threading a needle. How appropriate, huh?

We got Sydney a puppy on Saturday and she hasn't let go of the poor thing since. Can't wait until the new smell wears off and I get to play with the puppy some.

In between nursing stints, I put together that green and brown storm at sea quilt and got started quilting it.

Ohhh, this is like my worst blog post ever. I just can't get all my thoughts together to write. So, you get a discombobulated series of updates and the promise of better writing soon as I get some dad-gummed rest! Oh, and some pictures. We have some really cute puppy pics to share.

I'm gonna take a nap. Lane

7 comments:

viridian said...

Looking forward to the puppy pictures.
Happy same age as I am day.

CC said...

Hi Lane,
Sometimes I think this is the best kind of post..you've updated us on your life and let us become a part of your family in doing so....

lw said...

I know how you feel about birthdays, I feel the same, though I've had to put up with four more of them than you have. My husband's birthday is only four days away from mine, so celebrating them together takes me out of the spotlight, which is how I like it.

Can't wait to see the puppy photos, but to tell you the truth, I really love old dogs, too. Puppies are adorable, but they should be raised by people with more energy and free time than I currently have. For old dogs, every day is a good day. A little chow, a few pats, a warm cushion in a sunny window, grass in the backyard and they're happy.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

We've never made a big "To Do" over birthdays either......age is only a number....it's all in your out look on life....i prefer to celebrate everyday......

Stay safe, warm and hug the new pup for me...LindaMay

My name is Riet said...

Happy birthday Lane. I love birthdays and of course also my own. I also love to get presents. LOL Have a nice day

Snooze said...

I don't tell anybody what day I'm born and Mr H doesn't celebrate birthdays (he never remembers them) ... so we're well and truly in the same camp.

So great you got some quilting done and Rob's progressing well ... and so nice Sydney got the (s)mother love gene! LOL

Coloradolady said...

I really feel the same way about BD...that being said, you will get a card in the mail hopefully Tuesday...you can open it in the quite and all alone!! Hope your day if great my friend...you deserve it!.....now....bring on the puppy pics...