2/16/10

Puppy pictures

When we met her, her name was Janice. Now, I couldn't see myself going to the back door and shouting "JAN-ISS" and expecting a dog to come. So, while Rob and I were headed to the bank and Sydney was at Petsmart, holding this pup in a death grip to make sure nobody else fell in love with her, we started thinking about names. Sydney had already suggested Peanut Butter. Food names have played big in her naming of beanie babies, so we thought we needed to head that off. We decided we could live with Bella, which we knew Sydney would like (Bella from the Twilight books loves both a vampire and a werewolf...some things never change).




The poor thing has spent the last three days in Sydney's lap, so this morning, when Sydney left for school, we had puppy anxiety and then when I confined her, we had more puppy anxiety. I'll be glad when she's housebroken and I don't have to lock her up anymore.
Her tail has finally stopped being locked down to her back leg and this morning, she started playing like a puppy, which was really cute. All we know about her is that she's 6 months old and was dumped off in a dog park in a nearby county with a brother that looked just like her, but was slightly larger. She's a cross between a chijuajua and a dachshund and she's cute as heck. I'll be glad when that worried look goes away and her face starts to relax, but I know she had a hectic week before she got to us. She was only with the rescue agency for that long and was living with a foster family that obviously fed her canned food based on how fast she comes running anytime I open anything. Yes, we are nuts, but she met all our requirements; size, hair length, and gender.

Y'all take care and have a great day. I'm back at the office and certainly hope things don't get any more hectic. I've been nursing "those in need" for 6 days. I need some rest. Lane

8 comments:

oldbatt said...

She is a darling little puppy! How exciting and our new little dog, Daisy was the same way with the tail and now she is so much better! It's always fun to get a puppy but even better when they are finally house trained. Have a great day Lane! Lisa

My name is Riet said...

What a lovely puppy.I can see why Sidney is so fond of her.

Tammy said...

Congratulations Lane. Bella and Sydney are both adorable. Whoever said that money cannot buy love has never owned a pet. Dogs are such good friends. I think Bella will be a good fit in your family.

Sydney's quilt and pillow shams are fantastic!

CC said...

Bella is beautiful as is your sweet Sydney. How much they love each other..and I hope it lasts and lasts for many years to come.
p.s. I hope you get some rest soon..xx

Becky said...

Bella is adorable! She and Sydney will be great pals. You need a rest from your nursing duties! Take care of yourself and don't get too tired.

Snooze said...

Isn't it funny how we all go back to work for a rest ... and not the other way around?

Coloradolady said...

OH, I just love her....Bella is a great name, and she is so cute! I am sure the dachshund in her will be very protective of Sydney.....she will most definately be a wonderful dog, one thing I learned about my three dachshunds....when they go out to do their business, say the same "thing" as they are doing it, and say it each and every time...before long just those words alone will spark the urge to go outside.....keep us posted....Sydney and Bella are so cute!

Shay said...

I think Bella is the perfect name. (I'm Bella to my grandson) What a lovely addition to your family.

Hope you find some "me" time soon Lane.