12/18/10

power through...

If you're cutting and sewing and wiping sweat from your forehead, know that it is possible to piece all 600 of those HST's.

This morning, I powered through the last of them. Now, just pressing and cutting off the dog ear. But, I have to get on to something else.



Today, I'm changing my stash storage and doing some sorting and dividing. I love the days I get to play with my stash!! But, lately, it's gotten overwhelming and I have some stash busting plans.

So, let's go dig in!

Lane

10 comments:

Becky said...

Busy day ahead!!! Have fun!

SubeeSews said...

WOW! I LOVE your pile of beauties. I am just starting the sewing of mine. I do have more than the 600 cut. I starched the red and pink together with the iron then did the cutting. They stay together better that way. Love your pinks!
XOXOXOXOXOO Subee

SubeeSews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SubeeSews said...

whoops meant the red and neutrals......

Piece by Piece said...

Lane, You have been busy.
Patricia

Tennye said...

I must have missed something, why 600 hst? You getting ready for a mystery or something? Wow, I was just complaining to myself over the 65 I had to sew this week. I almost have the blocks done for the quilt top I am working on and then I can quilt it. Yea Good luck with the stash busting.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting all those hst's done, Lane. I haven't even started yet but I think I'm going to take a tip from Lori at Humble Quilts and use the paper method or "thangles I can't wait to see the "big reveal".

Gail :)

Kathleen said...

Merry Christmas, Lane...I enjoy your blog so much!

And I am only at 275 or so on my way to 600... so congrats to you.
Kate

sewfunquilts said...

Wow! that's a lot of HST's.....am anxious to see what you do w/them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Churn Dash said...

I'm taking part in a swap next year with friends. I have a pile of 150 blocks that is not quite half way. I am in awe of the 600 hst
I'm sure that your quilt will be well worth it. I loved your neutral blocks too.