11/9/12

Boring, boring, bored

Okay, I am a person of reasonable intelligence.  I should be able to come up with at least one blog post a day.  Some days, I can come up with 5 ideas during my walk with the dog.  When will I learn to write them down so that on the days when all I'm focused on is Sydney's grades, I have a list of ideas to pull from.

I have writtten and discarded two posts about grades, but dog-gone-it, I am not going to blog about that today.  I am tired of that subject.  Even though the latest is that within 24 hours, her grades all dropped and then came back up, thanks to a very helpful coach that was interested enough in her getting to play in the tournament (we explained what a huge compliment to her basketball skills that was) that he got her in tutoring and got some assignments re-done and those grades just jumped back up to acceptable ranges over night. 

All my quilting energy is focused on the Hurricane Sandy quilt.  I hate only having 45 minutes to sew every morning, especially when I'm in such a creative state of mind.  I have been thinking of taking a quilting vacation; a few days in a row off work to just quilt until I get tired of quilting.  But, that doesn't seem like a very practical use of my vacation time, especially with the holidays looming.  I got all my blocks sewn into sashed rows and I got one long sashing strip attached to each row...and then the clock chimed and it was time to walk away. 

The Singer 401 is running like a clock.  Still got a click in the bobbin or feed dog area and I'm still thinking about buying a new bobbin case.  I know the machine was used a lot and seems like the least I can give her is a new bobbin case, right?  I tried a few different settings because the feed dogs pull fabric to the left and that's messing with my quarter inch seam allowances, just enough to be annoying, but not enough to affect my project.  Do you know what I mean, when things bother you sometimes and other times that same thing doesn't bother you?  That's what it was like with those seam allowances this morning. 

Okay, so I'm boring myself now.  Maybe if I think of something exciting to talk about, I'll toss out another post this afternoon.  I just realized that I didn't take anything out for supper.  Last night's supper wasn't any glowing success either.  And, come to think of it, neither was the night before. 

Lack of time, lack of focus, lack of energy. 

Except that my time, my focus and my energy are all fine.  I'm just not using them on stuff I want to talk about.  So, have a good Friday.  Think of me when you sit down at your machine.  Think about how much I'd like to be right there with you, making something fun...or just making a mess.

Lane

13 comments:

Linda said...

I gave up on trying to post every day. Twice a week is about all I can manage and still continue on with my life and do the things that need doing. Life is too short to spend such a huge chunk of time at the computer.
Give yourself permission to just do something you enjoy and when the words come, you will be ready!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Posting has not become a priority for me any longer. It is more important to sew. I have charity quilts next Saturday and I am working on ORCA quilt. I have a quilt for hurricane Sandy (area is where I come from).
Sew.....

Michelle said...

Hey Lane, have you tried taking a little pressure off the presser foot bar? Does it have a nice smooth bottom on the foot you are using? Just some things that make me wonder and go, 'Hmmmm.....' Hope you figure it out. Have a wonderful weekend!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I can't post everyday either; I am too boring...lol. So; I am leaving it to 2 or 3 times a week....when I have a reason or something interesting to talk about. I have lots of things to do; but don't always feel like doing them when I should be. See; I ramble...lol.

I am starting a Bluenose quilt for a customer. While I have me Sew Intertwined quilt in the frames; started hand quilting it last night. I get overwhelmed if I stay at the Bluenose too long. So a bit at a time...making sure no mistakes happen. lol. Have a good one.

Marei said...

Lane I have 2 chairs in my sewing room...one at the machine, one in front of my HQ. While I sew today I'll pretend your at "Lulu" quilting. And when I switch over to quilting (donation quilt I really need to do today) I'll pretend your at my sewing machine. Between the 2 of us I'm sure there will be something fun going on as well as a big mess. Happy Friday to you.

Becky said...

You have your plate more full than usual,so take a break! Enjoy your weekend!

PattiLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PattiLynn said...

TGIF...are you off on Mon? A three day weekend sounds like what you need, unless it's already filled with sports etc.

Take care, I read whatever you write. Whether you think you're boring or not, I enjoy the conversation. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog, didn't think I could think of enough things to write about. But I do enjoy reading blogs. I feel that just by reading blogs keeps me 'in touch' with the outside world. I sent a couple of blocks to Erin today. Thanks for sharing.
cindy

leu2500 said...

You don't need to write. You can talk into your iphone while your walking the dog.

Unknown said...

I hope you get some time off. Blogging, quilting, raising a child, working, running a household all take a toll on a person. I know as we all know. I love to read anything you have to say, when you have it to say!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when things get too overwhelming, I buy myself extra time by getting take out and skip the kp duties and let a few things that aren't absolutely musts go as well. Sewing people need some time to destress with their hobby as much as the other stuff needs to happen.
As for the 401 definitely do whatever needs to happen to get it back to perfection. My friend's inherited 201 that had been mistreated by bad storage for years got the new bobbin surround and a few other things by the singer guy and now it sews like a dream. I got a 401 when I wanted to add a vintage zigzagger to the mix as he said in his opinion it was the best of all the slants ever made. I'd do whatever I had to do to resolve the glitch or you will never really enjoy using it or want to risk the skipped stitching.I don't know about regular machines but on embroidery machines you can kill a bobbin surround or need to file a rough spot from a bad needle break. So if a new surround might fix the problem, I'd definitely try it. They are not all that much in the grand scheme of parts and you could always put the original back in if it is still skipping the stitches. mssewcrazy

Carla said...

I post when I can. I would like to post at least once a week but between outside committments, working all day, cooking, going out of town, and spend some time with the hubby it just don't happen. Oh and when I can I'd like to sew. ;o)