2/28/13

Won’t get another chance

They’ve rescheduled surgery for tomorrow morning, first thing, so I won’t have time to post then. 

Thank you all in advance for your good thoughts and I’ll let you know something soon as I can.  No news is good news. 

Just wanted to share a family moment.  I’ve asked that instead of having TV on during dinner, we have music.  Rob takes care of that.  Tonight, we were having Sydney’s request, chicken and dumplings and baked cream corn when Play that funky music, white boy came on (if you’re too young to know that one, google).  We interrupted our dinner while the three of us sang it at the top of our lungs.  And, then we fell apart laughing.  I had no idea Sydney even knew it, and it’s so not a song we’d normally all sing, but she started and we fell in.

All evening, in those quiet moments, I’ve heard one or the other of us humming it under their breath. 

Just now, Rob was hugging her good night and she wouldn’t let go, so I sat down on her bed and waited my turn and they started humming it together. 

Lane

13 comments:

Becky said...

Sing it out loud!!!!! :)

Keeping Sydney in my prayers....I'll be waiting to hear!

Janet said...

Praying for you all. :)

Elizabeth said...

You'll be in my prayers.

Loved this little peek in through your dining room window.

xo -E

Michelle said...

What a great evening you all had, and you made some wonderful memories in the process. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you all in the morning.

Hazel said...

Good luck tomorrow morning my prayers are with all of you .

Auntie Em said...

Best of luck with the surgery, and hope Sydney has a quick recovery.

JoAnne said...

Prayers and good wishes heading your way. I'm glad you got scheduled earlier. There is nothing worse than waiting all day (or even part of the day) for that. It really frays the nerves unlike anything else.

Kath said...

Oh Lane, that last paragraph made me tear up XX

andsewon said...

Thinking of you all!! Praying all goes as it should! Thanks..now have that tune in my head and on my lips!;-)
Hugs!

mssewcrazy said...

Hoping,praying for a successful surgery and fast healing for Sydney. The funny singing was probably a good idea before surgery as tv is mostly mindless and depressing and was a happy distraction.

Unknown said...

Prayers for you all very stressful when any family member is ill and evan worse when you're the parents of a child undergoing surgery love to you all and waiting for the good news

lw said...

This is such a great post. I'll be keeping Syd in my thoughts-- but with fathers like you and Rob, everything will turn out well.

Piece by Piece said...

Hope everything is going well this morning.
When my children were growing up we never, and I mean never had the TV on during any meal. Even now, I don't sit in front of it, but must confess my lap top is my lunch and dinner companion.
Patricia