9/24/13

Lost Momentum

Oh where, oh where did my momentum go? oh where, oh where could it be?

With it’s attention span so short and it’s project list so long, oh where, oh where could it be.

With this mournful face looking up at me, it’s hard to keep any incentive to do anything but sit in the floor and let her nuzzle me. 

100_5970

I kind of lost my coat momentum when I had to stop to talk to Syd about weight.  The coat was not going to serve the purpose I intended.  It wasn’t going to be much more than a windbreaker and while that’s what she intended, I pointed out that she has a plethora of hoodies that serve the purpose of windbreakers and what she didn’t have was a real coat. 

The mission of convincing a rock to change it’s mind accomplished, I just couldn’t pick it up again, so it sits here, with the pockets on, reminding me that I really was trying to do this while my memory was still retaining all the tricks of how it went together.

100_5973

But, instead, I started six more rows of my Texas Braid

100_5976

And, then I got all OCD about this and making sure those borders were coming out the right size to lock together.

100_5975

Noticing the trend?  Last week, feeling like I had to be on spot with everything, focused on a single project and working it to perfection.  This week, waiting and unable to do anything to influence the outcome, dashing about with no ability to focus at all; mind constantly flitting from project to project. 

Be well.  Have a great Tuesday.  Lane

7 comments:

lw said...

I think that not being able to have an effect on an outcome is enough to send anyone out of focus.

Love the hexie borders.

Anonymous said...

I sort of thought that with the job interviews going on, the uncertainy (sic) of that might be affecting your sewing momentum. Hope you get back on track soon.
Thanks for sharing.
cindy

Samantha said...

Welcome to my world, won't you come on in.

I am a classic skipper/hopper project stopper. My problem though is that I get bored and then work on something else for a while or start something completely new. It is taking all of my focus to stick with UFOs and NOT start the 3 new things I really want to start!

Once you get back in "coat mode" it'll be all good. Trust me. I know of which you speak. :D

Kath said...

Dear Mabel, just look at her sorry-for-me face! who could resist her.

I like the expression skipper/hopper, in England we sometimes say one is a "butterfly housewife" which is just what I'm like some days, flitting from one task to the next, only stopping for a few minutes before floating off another job which has caught my eye!

quiltermom said...

I have two teenagers, and it gets COLD here...not like your Texas winters. They don't wear winter coats unless they are skiing. ( It's not "cool ".) Just a warning, if you make it too heavy, it will hang in the closet.

Anonymous said...

Or you could finish it as you planned and tell her you will make her another, later, to her specifications. Or how about a removable, zip out lining.

Coloradolady said...

I am in the same boat, and unfortunately I have a huge time restraint! I have got to finish two wedding quilts,and one is rather labor intensive. That one is one I took a small wall hanging and decided to turn it into a quilt, a quilt with lots of scrappy borders. It has been a challenge, and you know me, I just start doing, and forget the measuring and making sure it all lines up. That is when I lose it when it does not come together as I intend! The rest of the week will be spent working on this one quilt. I have to get it done so it can go to the longarm! Have a great week.