9/30/13

Central Texas Quilt Guild Show

We went to the CTQG show on Saturday at the Dell Diamond in Round Rock, TX.  It was a very nice show.  They had lots of beautiful quilts and the vendors were out in full force.  As far as I can tell, we all had a great time.

Rob will be uploading a video that does the show much more justice than I can in a still photos, but I thought I’d share a couple of fun quilts.

This quilt only got honorable mention, but I felt it deserved more.

100_6007

Look at the quilting detail.

100_6008

Doll house quilt.  This one was really, really cute.

100_6004

100_6006

Great Hawaiian style quilt by a lady that is also a member of the Austin guild.  Second place.  Way to go Rebecca!

100_6014

This is what Sydney has asked for as her next bedspread.  I ‘spect that girl needs to go get her sewing machine out of the garage, eh?

100_6030

Gotta love some hand quilting.

100_6039

How about a little applique?

100_6033

100_6034

100_6035

100_6036

Oops, that last one might be upside down. 

Okay, so that was our Saturday.  That and watching and listening to the rain.  Yay, rain!  It was too wet to work in the yard, so I had to content myself with work in the sewing room.  More about that later.

My big purchase for the day was on the silent auction table and I was willing to pay the “buy it now” price.  It’s a kit and it came with two patterns.

100_6048

I don’t know why I bought it.  It just appealed to me.  I’ve bought kits at the last two shows for some reason.  The variety and the colors were spot on for me, tho.  It came with two patterns.  The fabrics are not the original designer’s kit for either pattern, but they’re definitely something I think I can make work in either the patterns I bought or some other pattern.  For some reason, churn dash is in my head and I think these would make cute churn dash blocks.  We’ll see.  I’m in no hurry.  I have plenty of projects started.

Everybody be well.  Have a great Monday.  Lane

3 comments:

lw said...

I agree about the modern quilt-- the quilting is lovely.

The dollhouse quilt almost makes me want to learn applique. How cute!

I'm looking forward to the video. I usually don't have time to get to quilt shows, but if the government shuts down, I'll have more time than I want.

Kath said...

my Mum would love that doll house quilt! I love to watch and listen to the rain. My ambition is to have a conservatory, where I can listen to the rain drumming on the roof and gaze across the town to the distant, misty hills beyond.

Elizabeth said...

That dollhouse quilt is SO cute! All the quilts were wonderful!

xo -E