3/30/15

The Georgetown Quilt and Stitchery Show

Of course, there is video.

You’ll know my quilts when Rob passes them.  I won first in machine quilting and a judges choice award for A Place for Life to Happen and second place in large pieced for The Point is the Points

Whoo-hoo!!

Judges comment on A Place was that it needed to be entered in bigger shows.  And, I’m actually thinking about that.

Anyway, I wanted to show a picture of best of show.  WOW!  When I first walked up to it, I couldn’t wait to take pictures of it. 

IMG_0958

It was the perfect combination of fabric and pattern.  And, the quilting was wonderful. 

The butter yellow and off-white log cabin that was quilted with feathers won second place in machine quilting.  That one could have come home with me, no problem. 

And, the purple and green bargello won first in large pieced.  I loved how she used that color combination to full effect.

Oh, and my star block that I entered in the challenge block competition didn’t win anything.  I didn’t know they were going to rouche or I’d have done something more spectacular.  But the winners were lovely…and lavender.

Tomorrow, I’m going to share a red story.  It was a very red weekend.  Or, maybe I should say it was a very pink weekend. 

Okay, now I got you curious, don’t I?

Have a great Monday.  I really wish I could stay home and sew.  My boss is on vacation.  It’s going to be a numbers week; I must make numbers tell stories. 

The good thing is, I have a very vivid imagination, so my numbers usually tell very detailed stories.  Unlike my brethren whose job it is to play with numbers.  They can tell me what happened.  It’s my job to tell why.  And, who dunnit?

Lane

6 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Congratulations, Lane!

lw said...

Congratulations! And I hope you'll put your quilts in larger shows, then more quilters can see them in person.

Mari said...

Congratulations Lane! Very well-deserved!

Becky said...

So happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You certainly deserved to win. Your work is perfect . Get to some larger shows and you will win those also.
So proud of you. lum

Barb H said...

Well done, Lane. You should definitely take the judges' advice and enter the house quilt in more shows! And thanks to Rob for the excellent video. I can finally see your quilts up close and beautiful.