10/22/10

Too much

How much is too much? This much is too much. Too much working, that is.

I don't remember the last time I worked this hard, but it has been a while. I'm helping test our new product and meeting about what we're finding. And when things are different from what we expect, trying to figure out what is right. And, all that is on top of my regular job.

I haven't been sleeping well. Yesterday I was training people on the new product and woke at 3am in a cold sweat. I remember dreaming about the people I was going to be training, but can't remember what happened in the dream that made me so tense. Some kind of rebellion or maybe they were hunting me...I don't know. But, I was scared when I woke.

Last night, I slept until 4, which was better and woke up restless and unable to get back to sleep. And, it's been that way all week long.

The good news is that I'm doing good work and still feeling extremely self confident, but very tired.

Rob and Sydney are both doing their best to help out; cooking and cleaning and running errands for me. That's really helping. But, people are starting to comment on how tired I look. Fortunately, the only thing I have to do this weekend is drive Sydney to choir practice and we're going back to the school to spread mulch in the flowerbeds...well, tentatively we're going to work at the school. If I'm too tired, I might have to cancel that.

And, every minute I can, I spend working on hexagons for the hex quilt. But, I'm already losing steam and thinking about what I'd like to work on next. I have a quilt that is almost all quilted. I couldn't figure out what to quilt in the sashing. Now, I know what to do and am thinking I might pull that one out and try to finish it. And, that will give me two to bind. I need to get started making some binding or I'll end up with too many in that stage. I'm trying to move as many ufo's to the finished pile as possible and having them back up at the binding stage is not a good thing. That's too close to finished to let them languish.

This morning was so nice. I strolled around the yard with my coffee and then I went into the potting shed and sat in my comfy chair and finished my coffee while I stared out the door at the yard. It was drizzling rain and cloudy and cool and there was a nice breeze. I could seriously have sat there all day long, even napping in that chair. Maybe that will be a good thing for Sunday morning. Something to look forward to.

Hope you're having a great day and have a relaxing weekend planned. lane

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I think it sounds like should give yourself a break from EVERYTHING, and take a nap, or just allow yourself to sit and do NOTHING. It really would be OK. I hope you find some rest and peace soon. Be blessed, Michelle

Becky said...

Balance, sweetie, balance!!! If you get too tired and get sick all kinds of stuff will go crazy!! Try to get some rest. Hugs!!

Piece by Piece said...

Take it easy Lane! a nap in your potting shed sound like a good idea to catch up on lost zzzzzzzzzz.
Patricia

Pauline said...

Some people thrive on stress. Some wilt. It's hard to reach a happy medium. Seems like you work well, solve problems, produce and are creative under pressure, that's why you're good at your job and probably why you creat and perfect your quilts. Just follow your instincts and divert your attention and rest when you feel the need, or your family feels the need for you to refocus. Don't ignore or gripe about what makes you tick. You're an inspiration to me.

Unknown said...

Hope things settle down for you. I hate it when my brain won't quiet down and let me go to sleep.

You are blessed that you have Rob and Sydney to help out when you really need it.