7/13/12

Quilting away

I knew it.  Just when I had to get up yesterday and go on with the day, the machine was ready to quilt. 

I stole a few minutes while dinner was in the oven last night and quilted.

When I went in at bedtime to feed the fish, I sat down and quilted for a few minutes. 

And, I spent all of my half hour this morning quilting.  I managed to finish the plus sign shaped area in the lower part of this picture and move into the surrounding spaces.  Not much of an accomplishment. 

I am looking forward to this weekend when I can quilt for more than a half hour at a stretch. 

But, before I can quilt, I've got to get everything pulled together for class.  I thought I was so prepared.  Then, this morning, I thought of something important I had not pulled out.  And, because Sydney says I have the memory of a goldfish, I wrote that down.  And, then I thought of something else.

And, something else and something else and before I knew it, I had made a column of items on one side of a small piece of paper and turned it over to the back.  I didn't know when I'd be teaching again, so I put everything away.  After this one, I'm going to leave it in a tub and only take out what I need, when I need it, and then put it back in the tub.

Who laughed?  That wasn't very nice.  You never burst the bubbles of the delusional, just like you never wake a sleepwalker. 

Thought I'd share a couple of pics from my desk. 


Am I cynical, or what? 

Everybody have a great day.  Quilt until you break a sweat and then go back and quilt some more.  Do you hear me quilter?  Now drop and give me 20 stitches.

Lane

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Thanks Lane! You made me laugh! I love your pins and that bumper sticker (?) I need a tee shirt with that on it!

I feel your pain about not being able to quilt or sew when you want to. I'm so glad that when I lost my job in February my spousal unit told me I didn't have to find another one if I didn't want to, but that we had to stop eating and blowing money left and right. Not hard terms to agree with in order to get sewing time!

Elizabeth said...

Drop and give me 20 stitches . . . hilarious!

Love the seashell-ish quilting. I'm going to have to try that.

xo -E

bernie said...

The quilting is fab! McTavishing sortof? You are so funny. I love the buttons. Bernie

Carla said...

Laugh... only with you and not at you.