7/25/12

Tick-Tock, Quilter’s Block

See that empty Greek Key border?

That STILL empty Greek Key border?

100_4168

I still can’t think what to fill it with.

100_4169

100_4170

Getting it entered in the quilt show did not give me the idea to finish it.  Feathers?  No.  Too many feathers in the quilt.  Leaves?  No, leaves would be out of theme with the feathers.  Stippling?  Pebbling?  No and no.  Too busy.  Pick it out and do something else?  Not likely, but don’t think it hasn’t crossed my mind.

I want something that will show a tight fill and not be too much work and be pretty easy to pull off.  Once I figure out what it is, I will quilt like gangbusters and be finished in something akin to record time. 

Or, maybe I’ll submit it unfinished and rename it. 

Either way, this is my last background work for a while (I hope).  I need accomplishments. 

Lane

5 comments:

lw said...

Time to flip open Leah Day's book and get some inspiration. I love that you're taking the time to get it right.

Elizabeth said...

You don't think pebbling will work? Well, shows you how much I know, because I think that would be just right.

In any case, the quilt is GORGEOUS. I love how the pretty silk shimmers through the quilting.

And I know what you mean about needing accomplishments. I haven't finished anything since March. So uncharacteristic for me. I finished my Phoenix quilt on Monday and a couple of hexie notebooks yesterday (felt so good to get a few things off the WIP list!) and I'm back to working on the pink & brown pinwheel quilt. I think I'm past the half-way point with the quilting, and things always seem to move much faster for me after the half-way point, so I'm focusing on that until it is done!

Sorry I'm no help w/the silk quilt. It is absolutely beautiful! I know you'll find just the right thing.

xo -E

Anonymous said...

Hi Lane,
How about some small cross hatching? it would define the Greek keys with some nice straight lines
Liesje

Unknown said...

Uhmmm...blank. I know you will come up with something wonderful. You always do.

Rebecca Grace said...

Since others have already suggested Leah Day's book (that was my first suggestion!) I'm going to suggest something radical -- a break! Instead of trying to think of quilting fill patterns that you've already done or seen before, why not take a field trip to a museum or historic district and bring your camera, and just snap pictures of anything you see that strikes your fancy. Alternatively, you could cop a squat in a Barnes & Noble and hunt through the Art, Architecture and Design books looking for inspiration for a quilting design. Good luck and happy hunting!