12/28/09

Back to work.

Hello, it's Monday. And, lo, I am unprepared. You saw what I worked on all day Wednesday, and Thursday I was no better. These were the days when it was good to be prepared. We didn't have to go anywhere or do anything except what we wanted to. We did get out on Thursday, just to see what was going on and it was crazy, but because we weren't doing any power shopping, we were free to enjoy the melee and without having to get our hands dirty.
Here are some of the pictures we took Thursday night. These are some of the people in our neighborhood that went the most all out on decorations.





This is Rob in front of the most elaborate village set-up we've ever seen. These folks finished their garage and put these picture windows where the doors were. Each window has a full village set up on shelves inside it. It's insane! The rest of their yard is just as full. As we were walking up, a man came out of the house. We spoke, he spoke, he got something out of his car and went back inside. Sydney was just apalled that we got caught looking in his windows. But, hey, anybody that has Santa dancing to music in the front yard wants people to walk up, huh?

Christmas Day was wonderful. We all unwrapped our gifts and then I started cooking the feast. We were six for lunch and everything was wonderful...well, except for my rolls. Don't know why, but I had the worst yeast luck I've ever had. The monkey bread didn't rise, so the balls were very dense and dough-ey and the rolls didn't rise. Guess there was something wrong with the yeast I used. But, everything else was good and there were a few laughs about the "mini" rolls at lunch.
Saturday, I pieced a log cabin table runner and yesterday was chores. It was silver polishing year and I spent 4 hours on that. Luckily, I don't have to do that but about every 6 ot 7 years or it would not be worth it, but everything gleams so after it's been done. And, the wind has been blowing like crazy around here, so there were lots of sticks in the yard that had to be dealt with. Rob started taking down the decorations. That's really early for him. He usually wants to do that on NY day.

Okay, so now it's time to work. Fortunately, I can work from home today and tomorrow. School doesn't start again until next Monday! Goodness, what will I do in this house with Sydney until then????
Take care and have a great Monday. Lane

1 comment:

Becky said...

Give Sydney a sewing project!!! Sounds like your Christmas was wonderful....glad you enjoyed it. I'm cleaning my sewing room today and it's not fun....I keep picking up a project and want to work on it instead of cleaning, sorting and tossing. How does it get so messed up....and I haven' really been doing any sewing!Geesh.