12/31/09

Thank you, Leah Day

If you haven't found her yet, Leah Day's blog, 365 days of free motion quilting, you need to go there and see the wonderful work she's doing and hte tutorials she's providing. I took two of her quilting patterns and used them in my medallion that I finished yesterday.

The first is tree roots. I used this one coming out of the inner points and around that little tear drop. This is from the back of the quilt where it shows up best, but even that isn't very clear. This is very tight quilting and it fills the spaces perfectly.


The next one I used was pebbles in a stream out in the outer border. That was perfect for a curving shape around the quilt.


And, here's a picture of the finished quilt. If you enlarge it, you'll see my blue marks. It's not even washed yet. I'll wash it when I finish the log cabin. I'm about half done with it now. But, have to stop.



Sydney and I are going to Goodwill to drop off a last minute donation and then we need to do a little shopping for dogfood and stuff. And, I think we'll go spend a coupon on a pair of earrings for her. Always busy.

No big plans for new year's eve. We can't stay up late enough. We've tried, and I"m sure we'll try again this year, but I'm also sure that we'll watch the new year in some earlier time zone and head off to bed. It's just who we are. Tomorrow we start a new year. And, for the first time in a long time, I have resolutions. I'll post more about that tomorrow. And, we'll see how it goes. Til then, have a great day. Lane

5 comments:

Leah said...

Aw! Thanks Lane! Your medallion looks terrific. Great job on trying some new fillers!

Leah Day

Becky said...

Way cool, Lane! Happy New Year to you, Rob and Sydney!

Shirley said...

Your medallion is beautiful. I love the colours. I have Leah's site but haven't dared to even practise yet. Have a good evening. I'm with you, we celebrate on Eastern Time cause we were both born back there.. makes a good excuse anyay.

My name is Riet said...

That is a beautiful quilt Lane.
Happy New Year to you three.

KK said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I found your blog today and have read all posts from the beginning. I enjoyed them all. You have a great family. I have never made a quilt but I love them. You are a great artist. Thank you. I had a lovely day reading your blog!