12/1/09

Oh, Christmas Tree...

So, I promised y'all pictures of our cmas. I got this one taken this morning. I found that if I got you the whole tree, it got to small to see anything on it. This is our red ornament collection. We collected all these and used to hang a swag all the way across the living room ceiling and just fill it with red ornaments. But, that meant up and down the ladder to hang all the ornaments on the swag. I was really organized about it, but last year, I decided I wasn't doing it again if we didn't figure out a way to decorate it nearer the floor and then raise it to the ceiling. And, we didn't figure that out. So, that made all these red ornaments available for the tree. The tree has just a few white lights that backlight the ornaments. We really scaled back this year.



And, I'm still sewing on little buttons and beads and bells on the cmas quilt. Who'da thought it would take me as much time as it has just for those little finishing touches. I guess, working on one block at a time, I lost track of how many had little embellishments that I was skipping until after it was quilted.
Y'all take care and have a great Tuesday. Lane

6 comments:

My name is Riet said...

HI Lane. That is a beautiful tree. I love red in a tree.

Coloradolady said...

Love this tree....I gasped when I saw it, growing up my parents only put RED lights, RED ornaments and icicles on our tree....THis soooo reminded me of my childhood trees....I love it!!! Brought back feelings of home.

Auntie Em said...

What a beautiful tree! I think it reflects the quilter in you... mixing different scales and sizes but sticking to a main color. How pretty!

Becky said...

Gorgeous tree!! Is Sydney putting up her pink tree?

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

It looks very pretty. I love the red.

Shirley said...

Very pretty tree Lane. Ours won't go up for a couple of weeks. I love the red ornaments.