12/22/09

A queen size quilt in 21 days

Okay, that's a record for me. When I blogged about it previously, I really didn't think I'd get it finished. But, here it is and just in the nick of time. And, it's completely finished. Nothing to do after the first of the year, which was my backup plan.



Here it is with a little more of the texture showing.

And one block to show off all the feather quilting. Every large block got that same freehand, free-motion shape, as did every rectangular block and every small block. And, while all those feathers are pretty, I'm pretty tired of feathers, that's for sure. On all of them, I just marked the spine and then let the petals flow, which means they're all slightly different.

And, here's the backing fabric. You can just barely see the border feathers quilted along the edges. There will be a dustruffle made from a lighter flowery print and then the curtains and valance will be reversible, this blue fabric and the lighter print. The light print is almost the same design, but all the flowers and leaves are colors; blue, red, pink, gold and green on a white background.


Okay, that's all for today. It's my last day at work and I need to tie up all my loose ends. I don't have anything else that needs to be done before christmas except make a "monkey bread" for cmas morning. Frozen roll dough, rolled in melted butter and then cinnamon/sugar and baked in a tube pan with pecans sprinkled all in it...the perfect energy boost for unwrapping presents in front of a fire. Take care. Lane

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Lane, Sidney's quilt is beautiful. You did a fantastic job of the feathers and your piecing is perfect. You quilt well under a tight time frame. Your daughter is a lucky young lady. Merry Christmas to you and yours. My best wishes for Peace, Joy and Love during the holidays and always.

Coloradolady said...

Sydney's quilt is beautiful. The quilting is amazing....I received a box yesterday....a treasure for sure....words can not describe how special this will always be to me! Merry Christmas, Lane to you and your family...I am most thankful for meeting you this year and your friendship....Give Sydney a hug and tell her I wish her a very Merry Christmas!

Sunshine said...

Wow, 21 days, hard to believe, especially with the elaborate quilting you did! Very nice feathers :)

Cheers,
Christine

John Going Gently said...

I wouldlove to own an original quilt

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Your quilt turned out great. Nice job on the feathers. Merry Christmas to you!

Shirley said...

What a great quilt! I wanted to use up some squares in my stash for a charity quilt. Yours turned out great. You're getting so good at the quilting!

My name is Riet said...

What a beautiful quilt Lane.
Merry Christmas