12/3/09

Black really does show off all colors.

Rob's been sick most of the week and for some reason, he adopted my cuddle/lap quilt. He left it on the bed and our huge black cat adopted it. Now, I don't know when I'll get it back...



This little quilt was made from one of those perfect combinations of fat quarters that I sometimes end up with and want to use together. I buy them over a period of time and stack them next to the serger to get them ready for laundering and at some point, I realize that they're perfect for a quilt. This one came from me trying simple patterns for Project Linus quilts last year. I stacked the 8 FQ's and cut them all at the same time into 8 pieces. Then I numbered the stacks of pieces 1-8. On stack one, I moved the top fabric to the bottom of the pile. Stack two, I moved the top two fabrics to the bottom of the pile and so on so that I had every pile in a different order. Then, I sewed the top layer all back together and then the second layer and on until I had 8 blocks, each with 8 colors. No fabric is repeated in the same spot on any block. The quilting is simple geometric shapes in each section that are repeated in the border. The border is one of my favorite batiks. Love my little cuddle quilt. It's perfect for a long winter's nap.

Take care and have a great Friday. I'm going to try to finish my cmas shopping this weekend and get very far along on Sydney's bedspread/quilt. All 25 blocks are assembled and the first row of 5 is together. Thank goodness I don't have to have it finished in time to mail. See ya' round the net. Lane

4 comments:

My name is Riet said...

Oh I like that quilt Lane , love the colours. Have a nice weekend

viridian said...

Nice cat too! What is his/her name? Glad you have gotten so far on Sydney's quilt.

Stephanie Hughes said...

Stopping by and finding your blog lovely. Will keep checking you out more! BTW, having a giveaway at my my blog, stop by if you like. Stephanie

Shirley said...

First of all I love that quilt. It's so nice and bright. Bright is getting more and more appealing all the time... maybe cause my eyesight's getting worse. And what a cute cat. My daughter's first cat was a black and white one... he was also very stubborn.