11/3/10

Ain't she cute

Ain't she cute here, holding that quilt and sewing the binding on sew nicely. That's my Mary. An old girl, but she sure does a good job. I'm afriad I'm going to have to take the cover off the foot control and see if it's dirty or anything. She takes a few minutes to warm up and that doesn't seem right after I've replaced all the lubricant and given her a good oiling. If cleaning up the foot control doesn't solve it, I'll have to think about checking the motor more closely. I'm sure it's a snap to take out and clean up. Fortunately, the repair manual was available on the internet, so I feel like I can do just about anything.



(And, yes, I was just 18 inches from having that binding sewn all the way around. Now, I have to go back and make some "corrections". It was my first all machine binding, after all.)

Ain't she cute? Just look at those big eyes. And, no, she's never going to grow into those ears. They're dachshund size and chihuahua shape. This was when Sydney was trying to put a flower on her as a halloween costume. Didn't work very well. She doesn't like costumes very much. And, everything has to go into her mouth.




Ain't she cute? That's my girl, right there in the middle. She's just tipped off the basketball. She's certainly found her sport. She has the height for it and those long slender fingers are sticky on a basketball. She really enjoyed herself and after the first game, the coaches moved girls from the A team to the B team and Sydney got moved up to A. While I am proud of her for being moved up, I am very disappointed in the A team coach who told the A team, during the middle of the game, that she was going to switch the teams around because they were playing so badly. That didn't go over very well with me. I also didn't much approve of her aggression toward the girls during the game. I guess I got spoiled with the volleyball coach who was unflappable, and that's very high praise, coming from me.



So, that's my cuteness for the day. Can't think of a thing to share for WBW. Maybe something will come to me later. Some old memory. For now, I'm exhausted by work again and last night was a very restless one, and I just can't think of old memories right now.

Take care and have a great Wednesday. We have tonight off. No after school activities. I hope to finally get my kitchen cleaned back up. There has been no time or inclination this week.

Lane

6 comments:

lw said...

I love this post! I love the Singer (showing a quilt just moments from a finish) and the lovely bat ears on your puppy and the action shots of Sidney's basketball team. Three things to smile about before I have to go to work where we're having (sigh) layoffs.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Happy Wednesday Lane! What a cute cute dog, and I love the ears! My Sadie is a yellow lab/beagle mix and she is quite the character too!

Congrats on a binding well done!

Bonnie

Sunshine said...

Hey Lane,

while I totally miss Wordless Wednesday, it's okay if inspiration doesn't strike! You do WlessWed-ish posts often enough to carry me over :)

Tell me, the Greek swirls in the border of your quilt: free-motion or walking foot???

Cheers,
Christine

Shevvy said...

All very cute photos. I'm not being rude, but that dog looks odd!
I love machine stitching binding, well, love isn't the right word but it is much better than handstitching!

Coloradolady said...

Bella is adorable!!!! Love her ears!! Glad Sydney is enjoying basketball and way to go being moved up to the A team. Hopefully the coach won't be too hard on them.

Your quilt looks amazing, I can not wait to see the finished quilt!!

Unknown said...

I am in love with your sewing machine. Who can resist a puppy with ears like that. Finally, yeah for Sydney for finding her sport. She is an active girl and seems to be good at all she does. Thanks for sharing the photos.