Bella needed a jacket. Everybody thought I should just crochet or knit one up. Right. Just whip one out.
So, I started thinking how I could design one. First, it wouldn't slip on. It would have to have butttons. And then, I realized the buttons wouldn't be much good if they went down the chest. I made a pattern from a piece of polyester fabric because I didn't think she'd stand for a rattling paper pattern. That worked out well. sI fused two pieces of flannel, right sides together. It originally had a big fold back collar, but she didn't like it very much. Many tries and two times putting the binding around the edge and I finally got it.
It fits over her harness and there are extra button holes so the harness ring can be pulled through. It took me several days of working on it and being stopped by a problem, figuring it out and then working on it some more. But, we have it. And, she doesn't seem to mind it a bit. I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow when we try to walk.
You know Thanksgiving is over when you go from this...
All the storage containers are clean and the last dishes are drying. Sydney is already complaining about having to put all these away, plus the dishwasher was full. That must mean that all is right with the world.
I'd give them each a quarter if they'd finish these pies tonight. I'm shaky from the sugar. I love pie, but enough already.