1/28/11

Home

Now, that's what I'm talking about. 70* and sunshine. It's good to be home.



Okay, funny sewing in the airport story. Sewed on the plane from MN to TX and nobody said a word or even looked twice. Got to Dallas and had lunch and went to the gate and sat down and started sewing and this guy...this REALLY HOT guy sits down across from me. He says "that must be hard by hand."

"Not so much, but I like to keep something for my hands to do."

"Get many stares and looks in public?"

"First time"

"I knit"

"Oh, do you. I knit too, but nowadays mostly i quilt."

"I have my knitting in my bag here"

And, he pulls it out. And, we chatted the hour away, him knitting and me sewing and talking across the aisle about our daughters and his wife and the girlfriend that taught him to knit and our first knitted sweaters and what disasters they were. As time passed, I noticed that while there were 50 or so chairs all around, only the dozen or so chairs closest to us were full. Most of the rest were empty. All kinds of people came and sat down beside us and talked to us about what we were doing.

When I got up to make my last trip before boarding...you know that trip...I shook his hand and introduced myself and we exchanged names and that was that.

High-larious!

Okay, the beast is home and I'm about to be hugged.

Lane

9 comments:

Becky said...

WONDERFUL story! Glad you arrived home safe and sound. Happy Quilting!

Becky said...

Great story!!! Enjoy your welcome home hug!

Impera Magna said...

I'm glad you had such an interesting and positive experience sewing "out in public." I will strike up a conversation with folks doing any type of needlework....

Jane said...

That's a wonderful story! My husband took a scarf to knit on a long plane trip and he said loads of people (mostly older women) talked to him about it and even volunteered to do a few rows for him.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Told you so!! Public displays of masculine needlework ROCK!! :cD

My brother crochets ;c)

Bonnie

Debbie Cook said...

Great story, and welcome home! I found your blog through Peter's sidebar links and am really enjoying your stories.

Elizabeth said...

That is really fun! Love it.

xo -El

Coloradolady said...

Oh, this made me smile. Wish I could have driven to the airport and sat with you and talked away! How fun would that have been. I am sure you two were the most interesting people in that terminal!! Thanks for the smile, enjoy your wonderful day!

Shevvy said...

Glad you are home safe and in the warm and had such a fun journey with great eye candy to enjoy. He was hot, he knits, he was straight and it sounds like he had a personality. Shame for me he was married, there can't be another like him around for me!