1/23/11

Roll Roll Cotton Boll

Well, here it is. One really good pressing away from ready to quilt. I got the borders on and the corners last night and today.



Lots more going on. We went antiquing on Saturday. I'll post on that later, but I'll tease you with we had themes. Mine was sewing, Sydney's was animals and Rob's was movies.

Fun day together. We drove all around and had lunch at the Dixie Grill in Sequin, TX where we ran into the local Red Hat group and they served our drinks in half size plastic pitchers instead of glasses. We looked at the pitchers for a while, waiting for glasses before Sydney pointed out that everyone was drinking from the pitcher. Great food that was really bad for us.

After that, Sydney and I went to JoAnn's and I spent $29 and saved $27. The lady behind me in line offered to share her coupons when she saw me tearing out my three, but, there were only three regular priced items in the bunch. The lady that checked us out was surprised that I saved as much as I spent, but I do that a lot in there. I try to buy when things are on sale and don't run out. Sydney has asked to make a quilt with me next month. She's outgrown the one she made a couple of years ago and likes my Linus pattern, so while I make one for Linus next month, she's going to make one for her; our own little sew along.

Today, she had to rewrite part of an essay for school. Boy, she did not want to work on that. I finally had to resort to "either you can do it and be through and move on to something else, or we can fight and you can do it and be through and move on to something else. But in no way does this afternoon end without an essay." She did pretty good after that.

I'm looking forward to the Shirt Sew Along on Male Pattern Boldness. I think I have the last of my stuff all together, including replacing the interfacing I used last week in the coat. I need to do a better job of pressing in the hem on the coat. I went back to the book on that and need to steam it and then press it down with a wood clapper. Hmmm. New things all the time.

Just a little ironing and I'll be ready for my trip later in the week (I think I've said ironing about 4 times so far in this one post). Today, I was testing pants to see if they would block the wind. Canvas pants are a wonderful thing.

I also did chores and cooking and an hour of dishwashing and scrubbed the bathroom. I think there was a little energizer bunny in me. But, all is clean and the family will eat in my absence.

I guess that's all the news that's fit to print.

Take care and hope you had a wonderful weekend as well.

Lane

9 comments:

Becky said...

The mystery quilt is beautiful! Sounds like a good weekend....glad the essay appeared! :)

Hazel said...

Great quilt , love all the colors in it .Glad you enjoyed your weekend ,can't wait to see what you found .

whimzeestitches said...

Great quilt top Lane -- love the colors. Sounds like a fun and adventurous weekend. Can't wait to see what you all found antiquing.

ShelleyK said...

You're not going to believe this. I said almost the same thing about my JoAnn's trip today. My numbers were a little higher though. I spent $102, but saved $124. (1/2 of that were much-needed picture frames that were 50% off. I couldn't ignore them!)

Unknown said...

Love the quilt top. The colors are so great! I look forward to seeing how you quilt it.

I am so envious that you have weather good enough to get out of the house and shop at antique stores. Heck, I would love to get down the driveway!

I am pleased that Sydney wants to quilt with you. That will be very special time together and will be memories that you both have forever.

Glad you had a great weekend!

Patricia said...

I have to echo everyone else---your quilt is beautiful! I have said this before, Bonnie quilts are NOT for the "faint of heart"---I know, I have done one. I really love this pattern and it is on my "future" list. I don't have enough lights yet. Have a great remainder of the week!

Tammy said...

Hi Lane,
You had a very constructive and positive weekend. I'm delighted your daughter is going to do a quilt sew-along with you. Your Roll Roll Cotton Boll top is beautiful, you did a fantastic job of all those tiny triangles. I hope the frigid weather has passed before you leave Texas this week.

Piece by Piece said...

Love the quilt top. Can't wait to see what all of you got at the antique shops.
You had a busy weekend.
Patricia

Elizabeth said...

Your quilt top is really beautiful. You do very nice work, Lane.

xo -El