1/15/11

I couldn't sleep

I woke up really early and after tossing and turning for seven and one half minutes, decided I was never getting back to sleep, so I might as well go sew.

Don't laugh. If you haven't done it yet, you will.

This is certainly a different coat than it was the first time. I got it this far. The sleeves and are still open. After sleeping on it last night...what time I slept, I completely changed my plan this morning. Hmmm.

Rob saw it a bit ago, but he's holding his cards really close to his chest. It makes me feel a bit like I'm seeing something that isn't there, because I'm seeing something wonderful.


Okay, so now, I'm off to pin baste a Linus quilt. I think I have about everything set up for my challenge. I'll try to update on that tomorrow.
Take care. Lane

8 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Wow... your blanket coat is looking G.O.O.D. good!

Hazel said...

Join the club I often get up during the night to quilt .I'm really liking the jacket and it will be so warm.

Elizabeth said...

I think that is a very nice jacket. Can't wait to see it finished.

xo -El

Piece by Piece said...

Your jacket is looking good, it shuld be nice and warm.
Patricia

lw said...

So far so good-- looks symmetrical and close to being finished-- the real test is what will the coat look like on you? I can't wait to see.

Anonymous said...

I have an old Hudson bay blanket I washed mine and dries it to thinking it would felt but it didn't Sure feels soft and this coat / sweater idea is a good one.

lw said...

You know, now that you have some scraps of the blanket left over, you could try measuring one of them and putting it through the wash to see if it shrinks or felts.

Patricia said...

Looking good----would really make a pair of jeans with a denim shirt (and boots of course) really New York! Would also be neat if like lw says it would felt---but you would have had to have felted the fabric BEFORE making it. I can't wait to see it finished!