12/26/11

And, on the thirteenth day of Christmas

I locked myself in the sewing room. Kinda like propped a chair against the doorknob locked in. And, let Cousin It sleep till 11. That was UNHEARD of.

I worked on my friend Linda's quilt and am almost finished with the inside and then I'll work the borders.

And, I went and sat in the sunroom and crocheted in the sun for a while and let that treat my seasonal affective disorder. Ahh, ya just gotta love holidays in the south. It was so nice to have a cold Christmas. Usually we're in shorts. But, this year, we got to bundle up.




When the kid was up, I advised them both that the first person that said food (as in what time are we gonna eat or what are we gonna eat) or cooking (as in what are you cooking for lunch) or shopping (as in I am locked in the sewing room for a reason) would be fed to the fishes.




Granted, maybe not that great of a threat. But, I think they got the message.

All in all, a successful Christmas and everyone lived until it's time to go back to work. Or maybe it's a successful Christmas BECAUSE everyone lived until it's time to go back to work.


Hope you had a restful and relaxing Monday off and if you didn't, that your workload was light and customers still reveling in good will toward men...and women.


Lane

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I got caught up on laundry, organized my sewing area and took a nap today. I kind of needed all of those things.

I'm going to fix a nice casserole for dinner and then I'm going to spend some quality time with my rotary cutter.

Glad you had a nice weekend.

xo -E

lw said...

I spent the day patching the plaster in my daughter's new house. Tomorrow the patching continues (drywall mud shrinks) and then we paint. I'm sore all over and just want to crawl into a hole. Maybe it's time for ibuprofen?

Vesuviusmama said...

Good for you! I was driving home all day yesterday, and then cleaning/organizing all evening, but there will likely be some sewing in my future today.

Anonymous said...

I have to wait until my husband goes back to work to enjoy my sewing room.He interrupts every 4 minutes, on the dot.