12/18/11

I hope I cry everytime

Every time that Beth dies in Little Women.

Every time that Sophie makes her choice.

And, every time that a somebody that shouldn't be able to, does.

Every time the boy's choir forms while Cary Grant and The Bishop's Wife enjoy the music.

Every time that Scrooge laughs and buys the turkey.

Every time that a pet dies, even if it's just a silly old fish.

Every time that Sydney walks on a stage.

and every time that a good book ends.

Because that means I can still feel stuff. So, I can laugh...

Everytime that silly squirrel we've named Lola digs in the back yard and flips and rolls in the cool spot while I do dishes at the picture window.

Everytime the cat and dog play chase...and the cat is chasing; to the left, the dog chases the cat, to the right, the cat chases the dog, back and forth and back and forth.

Every time Rob tells a joke or speaks in an accent.

Or, when some TV character cracks wise in a dry and witty way.

Or, when I cut a quilt back wrong.

What must it be like to get all dried up and not be able to laugh and cry?

Lane

8 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

...when Mr. Gower hits George Bailey on his bad ear; when they wrap Blanche du Bois in the straightjacket; When Atticus Finch turns at the Robinson house to tell Helen that Tom is dead...
xx

lindaroo said...

Thank you. So sweet.

Becky said...

Don't change. Love you, Becky

Anonymous said...

WOW, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. I quit going to movies with friends because they would laugh/make fun of me for crying. The last movie I saw at a theater was "Regarding Henry". So I just sit at home and sob if I want to, or burst out laughing till the tears come. Thanks for sharing.
cindy

lw said...

I always tear up when Bing Crosby sings, "When I'm worried and I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep" to Rosemary Clooney.

regan said...

I cry at most movies, and most people are looking at me like I'm crazy! They have no soul!

I remember someone saying a long time ago that to have a happy life, you had to laugh 3 times a day, and hug 3 times a day! Yep....that should be a rule! :o)

Don't you just feel so damned proud when your kid is up on stage!?! I love that feeling too!

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Seraphinalina said...

Oh boy, I cry pretty easily sometimes. I cried at the preview to War Horse just last weekend, not totally sure why but there you go.

An Affair to Remember gets me in a few places, like when they leave his grandmother to go back to the ship, the accident...