Yesterday, it was cool in the morning until about 9:30 and I took full advantage of the time, working in the flowerbeds.
I did a lot of cleaning here.
There was lots of dieback from the heat and it’s all cleaned out.
And, I just love this combination of the red roses and the blue plumbago.
Those markers that are sticking here and there are marking daylily color so I can move and group the lilies this winter.
And, speaking of daylilies…
I have several that are putting out late bloom.
This is the butterfly bush that draws more hummingbirds than butterflies.
And, this is a plant hanger that we bought on vacation. It holds four pots.
So, that’s what I’ve been up to while I challenged the ragweed pollen to a grudgematch, because, I will not be beaten by an allergy. Or a cake recipe. Later this week, I’ll blog about the walnut brown sugar cakes and how I’ve finally learned to bake cakes in the toaster oven.
And, I’ve also been diligently quilting. I finished the border on First, Inspired, heretofore known as the red silk quilt. Now, I’m doing some repairs to the knife edge. There were a few spots where you could see the backing fabric from the front and, of course, that won’t do. Probably wouldn’t have noticed except the backing has some white designs on it and you could see them peeking around the edges.
Oh, and yes, that’s the dresden plate quilt in the background, which I’m feverishly working on in hopes of taking it to hand piecing class this weekend as an example of how NOT to let your hand work get too big and out of control.
Right. Like I won’t do something like this again.
Be well and hope you had a great weekend. Lane