6/18/15

A good time for hand work

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that turns to hand work when times are chaotic and stressful. 

My boss has moved on and I don't know who I will be working for, or what my responsibilities will be... and that's not so bad, but it's going to be a while before I know, and the waiting is hard... especially since I'm pulling out projects from my to-do list that I hoped I'd never have to work on, just to stay busy.

Sydney is looking for a job.  I'm toying with the idea of looking for a job.  I'm putting out feelers and making connections.  I recognize that searching for a job has changed... and I'm not familiar with how it works today, so I'm reading about it and taking baby steps.  You never know what will happen when you put yourself out there.

And, I'm having some stress from a couple of difficult personal relationships.  It's hard to let a kid make mistakes.  It's double hard to watch adults make mistakes. 

Anyway, I'm still quilting away on the Dresden Plate quilt. 



Sitting and stitching at a speed of about 1/100 miles per hour is great for making me slow down and step out of the adrenalin rush.  And, because it's slow, I can really focus on getting it right.  I picked out a whole bunch of quilting the other day because I was getting a pucker on the back.  Grrrr.  But, I went back and basted again and it went away... at least for now.  If it comes back, I'm going to turn it into a dart and put the hanging sleeve over it...

And, during TV time, I'm working on the red, white and blue hexie quilt.  This is another slow project, so when I got a border attached the other day and it was off by one point, I was pretty upset. 



I'm keeping it in a basket so I can pull it out every evening and then put it away. 



The question is; when will this be finished?????  Will it ever????  Or, will it be my perpetual June project, inspiring me for the Independence Day holiday. 

Everybody have a great Thursday.  Lane

No comments: