4/14/14

A lot done, but not much to show for it.

At least for today.  I did get a quilt top really close to being finished and I’ll blog more about it tomorrow when the top and bottom borders are attached.  It turned out to be so easy and I’m really happy with how it looks.  Rob wants one, too.  I think I can do that.

Anyway, most of the weekend was spent on that and on rearranging the artwork in the sewing room and working in the yard.  But, I did manage to get one more roof section on the house quilt finished.

100_6691

100_6690

Something about that section makes it really look like a house to me.  Just that fact that it is at a different angle and spacing than the first section starts to add perspective as well. 

This picture is for my Mom.  She gave me some Iris and the other day, I noticed for the first time that it was about to bloom.  I asked the color and she wasn’t sure.  So, here it is.  It’s a very, very vibrant yellow.  Much brighter than my other yellow iris.

100_6689

Sydney took that picture, so of course, the background and centering are perfect.  Finally, she’s interested in something enough to learn about it on her own.  Yay!!!!!

Journalism and photojournalism were a good choice.

I moved this quilt out of the closet the other day.  This is a truly wonderful quilt.  It’s a half size of the original and it is very densely quilted,  I quilted it during Syd’s recovery from knee surgery last year.  My machine is very close to her bedroom door.  And, when I was nervous, the quilting got really, really dense.

And, in other places, it’s loose.

100_6693

I found a whole bunch of lovely quilts that needed to be shown and so I took down some Goodwill art and hung my own work.  I kept all the oils and watercolors.  I know good stuff when I hang it.  But, I put my stuff up, too.

Have a great day everybody.  It’s Monday.  My boss’s big meeting is Thursday afternoon.  I think I’m taking Friday off.  It’s okay to be supportive and all, and to be available to take care of anything she needs as she preps for this meeting.  But, I’ll be glad when I can have a day to pamper myself

Lane

3 comments:

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Afternoon to you, Your quilted house is coming along beautifully. Did you make a decision about the colour of your front door..... are you going for the beautiful blue.
I know I said it before, but I have to say it again and I will continue to say.... your work is beautiful.
Enjoy your day.
Best Wishes
Daphne

lw said...

I agree about the perspective on the second part of the roof changing the whole look so that is reads "house" even more.

I love the quilt in your blue room, and how it picks up other colors from that room.

Elizabeth said...

I thought the same thing as you about the house. It is really starting to take shape. This is going to be a great quilt!

Also, that is great that Sydney is finding out what interests her.

xo -E