4/9/14

Trying to do my part

I’m trying to do my part toward the guild’s fundraising efforts at this fall’s quilt show. 

I’ve made two blocks for the quilt my bee is contributing.  I have the kit to make a block for the boutique to sell; it’s such a simple block, I wish I’d taken several (they tried to tell me I should take several and I just didn’t listen).  I’ve made 30 spool pin doilies.  If they sell for as little as $5 each, that’s still a nice sum.

100_6677

I want you to see the yellow in my garden.  My garden goes through color phases.  This week, it’s yellow.

Two stands of yellow iris going nuts.  These came from Boston and didn’t bloom for many years…like 10 or something until they had acclimated to Texas.  And, probably crossed with native Iris.  Now, they’re giving me more each year.

100_6678 100_6679

Yellow Gerberas Daisies.  Not much plant yet, but two blooms.

 100_6680

Yellow Columbine…but see that peek of purple starting to show on the left hand side.  In a week or so, my garden will change color.

100_6681

And, summer blue larkspur.  But wait!  Those flowers are yellow.  And, it’s not summer.  Yes, this is a mystery.

 100_6682

A seedling came up down the hill.  It’s yellow, too.  Me thinks that my perennial died and now I have two seedlings that bred with a yellow larkspur.  Oh well.  Doesn’t matter.  They’re pretty and they fit right in with everything else that’s going on out there right now.

Everybody have a great Wednesday.  It is hump day.  Half way between last weekend and next weekend.  Goodness, I hope I’m not the only one that feels like he works the week to finance the weekend. 

Oh, and medical benefits.

And, groceries.

Ahhh, that makes me feel better about the day at work.  Count your many blessings name them one by one…

Lane

3 comments:

Freda said...

Love your spool doiles and your garden looks so pretty.

lw said...

I am so amazed by the amount of work you produce. Wow! Wish I had even half that energy left after work.

I love the spool pin doilies. I'd pay $12, but then I'm in the pricey DC area.

Elizabeth said...

That is cool that your garden blooms in color groupings. Lovely flowers!

I really wish some days that I didn't have to go to work, but without work, how would we appreciate the weekends?

xo -E